About This 1699 Indian Banks For Sale In Farnham Virginia
Indian Banks Circa 1699 & 1728 has witnessed over 300 years of history. Indian Banks is situated on Morattico Creek at its confluence w/the Rappahannock River. In August 1608, Captain John Smith visited the Moraughtacund Native Americans at their principal village near present day Indian Banks.
The Indian Banks site was patented in 1652 by Thomas Glasscock, who received 600 acres of land on Morattico Creek in return for the surrender of a grant of 200 acres on Piankatank River, which he had received upon his emigration to America in 1643. In 1728, Captain Glasscock married Ester Ball (a cousin of George Washington) & took up residence. Home is distinctly English in its architecture. Flemish Bond brickwork w/a rare Scrolled Soffit above main entrance is 1 of only 2 known examples in VA. Recent upgrades in 1st floor primary bedroom & upstairs dressing rooms. Featured multiple times on the Historic Garden Week in Virginia Tour. Convenient to Richmond, Washington D.C., & Williamsburg.
Photography Credit: Tony Greene and Karin Andrews – BHHS Towne Realty