About This 1820 Italianate In Centreville Maryland
This lovely historic home is in the heart of Centreville. It was originally built in 1820 for the town doctor, Dr. James Franks. The third level was added in 1851. It features Federal style custom moldings and millwork throughout, mortise & tenon joinery, 14″ thick walls constructed by hand molded bricks, and wide planked Virginia Heart Pine floors.
In recent years, $60,000 was invested to upgrade the house with modern amenities including an electric service upgrade to a 200 amp service and removal of knob and tube wiring, structural reinforcement of the cellar/1st level, a remodeled 3rd level bath with radiant floor heating, installation of 3rd level Low-E double pane windows, kitchen upgrades with color matched cabinetry, farmhouse stainless steel kitchen apron sink & herringbone tile custom backsplash, Energy Star washer/dryer and Pella storm door with access to the rear patio.
In addition, the 2nd floor bath was remodeled in recent years and a new deck, that is perfect for entertaining, was built off the back in 2021 and overlooks the large, secluded yard. This home includes off-street parking and is within a short walk of local shops and eateries!