About This 1756 John Edwards Home In Charleston South Carolina
The John Edwards home also known as the Samuel Chadwick house, circa 1756 is one of the finest structures on the Charleston peninsula South of Broad located on an oversized and beautiful private lot. This is a rare turnkey opportunity to live in an elegantly renovated home that exudes grandeur. The three story masonry home has been thoughtfully and meticulously renovated while maintaining historic details of the period.
Enter through a beautifully stained wooden four paneled door to three gracious triple piazzas with panelled ceilings and Tuscan columns. There are gallery doors along the three piazzas that run the length of the house allowing access from all rooms to the outdoor living spaces. Fine details include beautiful large rooms with high ceilings, medallions, original hardwood floors, and working fireplaces. All new updated lighting throughout the house to include Murano custom designed chandeliers and sconces in the main living areas and staircase.
Modern kitchen with all new appliances to include wine fridge, La Cornue range and matching hood, farm sink, quartz countertops, refrigerator, dishwasher, and new hardwood floors. Unique Parquet on stairs and second floor landing welcome you to the completely renovated master suite with office area, walk in closet, bath with new Carrera marble countertops, new gold tub, lucite and gold hardware and lighting. A new bathroom with fireplace has been added on the additional second floor bedroom. Two half baths have been updated; one features a lovely Gucci wallpaper. New roman shades and curtains have also been added throughout the house.
The main house has been painted completely both interior and exterior. The private walled courtyard and garden designed by Sheila Wertimer has an inground pool with low maintenance grass edging and beautiful lush landscaping with a decorative fountain. The guest house has its own entrance off the courtyard and has also been updated with new lighting throughout. The guest house has been painted throughout. New copper lanterns adorn the exterior of the main house and guest house. In addition new wooden exterior shutters have been added. A true rarity, there is a two plus car garage heated and cooled with additional off street parking on an adjacent pad accessed from Lamboll Street.