About This 1850 Colonial In New Baltimore New York
Perched along the banks of the Hudson River with a 132′ span of wide-open river views, this 0.55 acre property is one of the widest river frontage homes in New Baltimore. The 1850 center hall Colonial has original Greek Revival details: double entry doors, handsome staircase, wide gable cornice, prominent interior window & door moldings.
The symmetrical floor plan features a large open kitchen with wood stove opposite the large living room with wood-burning fireplace. Watch the boats pass on the Hudson River from the serene glass veranda. There are four bedrooms (one with ensuite bath) and three baths on three levels.
Nearly every room has views of the river and forever nature preserve on the opposite banks. Known as the Wade House, this early family also owned the adjacent shipbuilding yard establishing this hamlet in the early 1800s. Life here feels like a trip back in time, with well-preserved 19th century homes, verandas, carriage barns and marina.