About This 1890 Historic House For Sale In Savannah Georgia
Located on a quiet street in Savannah’s National Landmark Historic District, this stunning, turn-key 3 BR/3.5 BA residence was completely renovated in 2014 and includes designer touches throughout as well as a new roof, plumbing, electric and much more. Ideal as a single-family home, an income-producing vacation rental or a two-story residence with separate garden-level office/retail space/flex space (Zoned RIP-A), this property has endless possibilities. A non-owner occupied Short-term Vacation Rental Permit for the main house transfers with the sale of the property.
This exceptional 1890 property, which originally housed a pharmacy and confectionary, includes exquisite period details, including five gas fireplaces, crown moldings, original hardwood floors, high ceilings and two covered verandas overlooking Charlton Street. Nestled on a prized corner lot, this home offers incredible natural light, with south and west exposures and designer lighting throughout.
The main house greets visitors with a spectacular foyer sporting black-and-white checkerboard-patterned marble flooring and grasscloth wallpaper. The parlor level includes a sleek, magnificent open kitchen design with an oversized Carrara marble island, Frigidaire Professional Series stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, ice maker, private bar area with stainless steel wine chiller and spacious dining room with fireplace. The living room offers a gracious space for relaxing or entertaining and has French doors providing easy access to the covered veranda.
On the second level, a master suite offers the ultimate in luxury with an oversized bath including a remote-controlled fireplace, soaking tub, double Carrara marble vanity and tile-and-glass shower. The master bedroom also includes a fireplace, walk-in closet with built-in storage and French doors that open to a covered terrace. A second en suite bedroom and laundry room with Samsung washer and dryer complete the second floor layout.
Additional highlights include a one-car garage (currently being used as a climate-controlled office), small courtyard, ADT wireless security system, fiber optic cable system and separate entrances for the garden-level space and the main house. Located steps away from Crystal Beer Parlor, Noble Fare and Savannah’s best dining, shopping and activities, this property is available furnished and is move-in ready.
• Prime location on a quiet street in Savannah’s National Historic Landmark District
• Historic construction with stucco exterior and wrought iron accents
• Two-story main house with exquisitely renovated interiors
• Garden-level retail space/vacation rental/flex space (Zoned RIP-A)
• Non-owner-occupied Short-Term Vacation Rental certificate conveys with sale of property
• New roof, new interior plumbing and new electric
• Incredible natural light
• 5 working fireplaces
• Two balconies with covered terraces
• Original hardwood flooring
• Gourmet kitchen with oversized Carrara marble island, Frigidaire professional series stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets and ice maker
• Private bar area with stainless steel wine chiller
• Dining room with fireplace
• Living room with fireplace and veranda access
• Large master suite with walk-in closet and fireplace
• Exquisite master bath with remote-controlled fireplace, soaking tub, double Carrara marble vanity and tile-and-glass shower.
• Recessed lighting and designer lighting fixtures throughout the home
• Laundry room with Samsung washer and dryer
• 3 HVAC systems (one per floor)
• 2 new quick-cycle water heaters
• ADT wireless security system
• Spray foam insulation
• Attic storage
• Small courtyard
• 1-car garage
Photo Credit: Wayne C. Moore of Back River Photography LLC