This is the original “Pepperidge Farm” – it was built in 1928 by Henry and Margaret Rudkin the property has a wonderful history. Once consisting of close to 200 acres of orchards and gardens – the property was re purposed following the arrival of the Great Depression when it was converted from an equestrian estate to a working farm.
Due to a child’s illness – Mrs. Rudkin began baking breads to aid his condition. Soon others began asking for her tasty baked goods and the rest is history! The main house has been painstakingly and lovingly restored by the current owners to its former glory and is now offered on over 6 and half acres (sale includes 2000 Fence Row 2 acre adjacent building lot). While located within the gated community of “The Ridge” – the property is not part of the association. Come see this gracious and stately landmark.