About This 1893 Queen Anne Victorian For Sale In Sealy Texas
The Ward House was built in 1893 for Presley Ward. The home was owned by his descendants until 2006 when it was purchased by the current owner. Presley Ward came to Texas in the 1850s as a young man. He actively bought and sold real estate throughout his life. He also owned a cattle ranch south of Sealy. Much of the Ward family history is known.
Many off the personal documents, including the family Bible, are in the possession of the current owner. The current owner also has many family photographs, scrapbooks and other personal records of the Ward family.
The Ward House was one of the earliest homes built in Sealy and certainly one of the most elegant. The house retains its original windows, doors, hardware and flooring. All of the wood in the house, including the flooring, is longleaf heart pine.
The house was extended in the back to create a large family room off the kitchen. The second floor was also extended above the family room to create space for walk-in closets and bathrooms. The Ward House is located on two lots totaling 3/4 acre. The original well house is located behind the house near the back fence and the barn is located in the far northwest corner of the yard. The barn measures 24′ x 28.’ The well house and barn have been partially restored.
A 7′ high wood privacy fence constructed of 6″ x 5/4″ treated lumber surrounds the property. Four pergolas are attached to the fence and provide great places for vining plants. One of the pergolas is a 16′ wide rose arbor. In the spring, along with the roses, there are many azaleas and camellias in bloom.
Four bedrooms each with a private bath
Back parlor (21′ x 23′)
Kitchen (13.5′ x 19′)
Guest half bath
Upstairs laundry room
Sitting area in attic
Cupola (10′ x 11′)
Full restoration completed in 2008
All new electrical, plumbing, roof, insulation, zoned heating and air conditioning.