About This 1873 J Smith House In Lambertville New Jersey
Formerly known as the J. Smith House, this exceptional Tuscan Revival Tower House was built in 1873 by the owner of the Prallsville Mill with a tower and mansard roof addition in 1884. Some of the special features include 12-foot ceilings on the main floor, 10-foot ceilings on the upper levels, 10-foot chestnut doors with 6 panels, original hardware, random oak floors, and plaster walls. Soft light filters through stained-glass in the foyer.
Throughout, vintage features bring a sense of yesteryear. Mercer tile surrounds the living room fireplace and there”s another fireplace in the banquet-sized dining room. Enjoy the side brick patio or two enclosed porches. A front office with its own entrance allows a professional to work from home undisturbed. Six bedrooms are on two upper floors, reached by front and service stairs. The whole house generator lends peace of mind. A wonderful opportunity awaits the special person who will appreciate the classic bones and absolute purity of one of Lambertville”s signature homes.